ONLY ONE POST AVAILABLE |REF NO. SARCHIPDF/2021
The post-doctoral fellow position will be for 12 months and is renewable based on availability of funding and performance.
The SARChI chair for Inclusive Cities at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) seeks to employ one scholar in the built environment for the position of Post- Doctoral Fellow for a multi-disciplinary project on Inclusive Cities funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and the South African Cities Network (SACN). The applicant will need to show a distinct interest and passion to work in a highly interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary collaborative environment and have a strong critical background in one or more of the Built Environment disciplines (planning, housing, geography, Economics, gender studies, development studies, sociology and environmental studies any other related). Applicant should have strong computational skills, research and writing skills and, should be ideally published already.
Successful applicant will be expected to work with a team of scholars and postgraduate students as well as stakeholders from other research institutes, civil society and community-based members. While the exact portfolio entailed by the fellowship will be communicated, applicant will be expected:
- To be involved in specific areas and aspects of the Project,
- To offer a termly seminar based on their work
- To engage with a cohort of Masters/Doctoral students
- To research and publish in in the area of inclusive cities
More specifically, key responsibilities of the Post-Doctoral fellow include:
- Contributing to the sustainable growth of the research programme portfolio
- Supporting the development of contacts and relationships with colleagues in academic institutions, government organizations and the wider research community
- Supporting effective participation in multidisciplinary research teams and partnerships
- Assisting with proposals and grant applications to undertake funded research
- Assisting in delivering research within specified budgets and to deadline
- Supporting initiatives to promote the strategic objectives for the Inclusive Cities project
- Contributing to discussion in the SARChI Inclusive Cities
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FELLOWSHIP:
- Appointment will be for 12 months and is renewable based on availability of funding and performance.
- Applicant is not suppose to have another position whilst having this fellowship
- The appointment will be made in line with the University Guidelines/benchmarks which are available on the University website.
- The fellowship salary is R200 000 per annum
- Applicant needs to have completed the PhD no more than 6 years ago
- A detailed recent curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation indicating suitability for position, area of specialisation and your understanding of “Inclusive Cities”
- Example of single or co-authored academic work
- Certified copies of the Masters (MA) and Doctoral Degrees (PhD)
APPLICATIONS TO BE SENT TO MAGIDIMISHAH@UKZN.AC.ZA
(Please state the advert reference number in your subject line)
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 30 APRIL 2021.
Download This Advert
|2021/03/30||114.7 KB||133 downloads||Download|